Monday 5 January 2009

Another good day and another market to trade

Today's profit was £4.61. An increase of over 3%. There was only 1 race meeting on today - Lingfield, but I managed to make £3.63 from that. I also tried trading on the darts and made the grand total of 54p! It all adds up though.

I thought I would trade on the Blyth Spartans v Blackburn game. I backed Blyth for £5 at 18.5, hoping to lay them off for a small profit. I could've made around £1 profit when the odds went down to 15.5 but I held on for more - BIG mistake! The odds never went lower than that and when Blackburn scored, I layed for a loss of £4.88. I did, however, still profit from this match. I traded on the over/under 2.5 goals market making £5.32, giving me a profit of 44p on the game. Again, 44p doesn't sound much, but the main thing is I protected my bank.

Tomorrow I'll try the over/under 2.5 goals market. There are 6 matches in play altogether. I'll probably divide my stake between all the matches, backing under 2.5 goals and lay them off after 10 - 15 minutes for a small profit. If there is an early goal in one of the games then It's not like I've got my whole bank on it. If there is an early goal in all of them, then I'll consider myself VERY unlucky! Here is today's profit & loss.

Thanks to Scott Ferguson for suggesting the over/under 2.5 goals market. It is one of the most obvious trend markets on Betfair.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Nice one Chris. There are plenty of variations with under/over 2.5 goal trading - in and out in 2 mins for a couple of ticks, then do it over and over; or do what I call chip away - back the unders for say £50 initially, then lay it back for £10, then another £10 two ticks later etc...

Chris said...

Thanks Scott. I'll probably try both of those methods out over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for adding me to your list of blogs too.