Friday 30 January 2009

Brilliant day at the boat race

Well not exactly the boat race, but it was Cambridge v Oxford at the football tonight. Earlier in the day, I'd scalped a few horse races and even had a go on the dogs too. this gave me a profit of 66p. Nice! I'd picked the Cambridge v Oxford game simply because it was live on setanta ( I haven't got sky sports). I traded both the 2.5 goals and 3.5 goals markets.

As you can see from my betfair P&L below, I ended up winning a grand total of £5.43.



This was far higher than my 3% target of £1.40. It was an increase of 11.6%

I felt more confident tonight too. I think that actually watching the game gave me an idea of how well both teams were playing. I usually trade football matches "blind" and trust to luck a bit, trying to guess how the game is progressing by watching the prices fluctuate.

This confidence helped me in choosing the bets to place. For example, in the second half, it was still 1-0. I thought the chances of more than 3 goals being scored were low, so I layed the over 3.5 goals. I held on for a good 5 - 10 minutes, then finally hedged for a profit of £1.91.

I reached a bit of a milestone too. I've broken the £50 pound barrier.

When I started this blog, I intended to trade on the horses. It seems that the under/over football market is giving me the most profit.

I'll concentrate mainly on these markets but still try and hone my skills on the horses and maybe the greyhounds.

My bank now stands at £52.25. Therefore, my next 3% target is £1.57.

No comments: