Tuesday 27 January 2009

Another quickie

I had a busy day today. Working until gone 6 o'clock and things to do tonight didn't leave me a lot of trading time. I decided to trade just the 1 football match - Sunderland v Fulham. The reason I chose this match was simple - it kicked off earlier than the other 3 I was also looking at!

I tried another strategy too. I placed my back bet as normal for £30 @ 1.75, but instead of staggering my lay bets, I decided to hang on for 5 minutes and see what the hedged amount would be. After 5 minutes, I hit the hedge button. This layed me £31.44 @ 1.64. By the time the bet was submitted, the market had moved down another couple of ticks. This left me an uneven profit so I hedged again for 57p @ 1.64 to even it out. I was all green for £2.02. This came to £1.92 after my commission to Betfair. My betting bank increased by 4.42%.


I probably won't be trading tomorrow. I'm having a night at the pub, but when I next trade my target will be £1.36.

No comments: