Saturday 24 January 2009

Doubled my bank.

Today is a bit of a milestone. On the 7th of January, I put £20 in my betfair account. On the 23rd of January this has doubled to £40.30. I know this is only around £20 in 16 days, but I received my bank statement a couple of days ago, and my current account which has considerably more than £20 has earned 15p in interest in a month! If I had increased my betfair account by just 3% per day, I would have doubled it in 24 days - I did it in 16!

I did, however, have a bit of luck today. I traded on the under/over 2.5 goals market in a few football matches. In one of them, Ankaraspor v Konyaspor (Who???), I waited till kick off to place my back bet. After the game suspended at kick off and went into play, I looked at the odds offered to back and lay. There was quite a big spread between the two, from 2.74 to 3.30. I placed my back bet for £10 at 3.20. Surprisingly, this was matched within seconds and soon the market settled down around the 2.78 - 2.80 mark - 15 ticks lower! I clicked the hedge button on my BetTraderPro software, which layed me £11.51 @ 2.78, which was matched seconds later, guaranteeing me a profit of £1.51 before comission ( £1.43 net).

I'm sure this was a freak or something because I tried it on a few other games tonight, without the same success.

Altogether, my daily profit was £3.20, a increase of 8.63%. As my bank has reached the £40 mark, I have upped my stakes again to £4 , which is 10% of my bank. When trading on the football I might increase my stakes to £15, depending on liquidity.

Here is my betfair screenshot.


My next 3% target is £1.21.

1 comment:

Ronnie2ticks said...

Hi Chris,
well done on doubling your bank, mine was emptied yesterday thanks to E-ON who supply my electricty.

My blog if interested

http://sportstradingforfun.blogspot.com/

Cheers
Ron