Wednesday 21 January 2009

Back to profit

Todays trading put me back in the right direction. I traded a couple of horse races and ended up in profit by 40p. I needed to make another 67p to achieve my 3% daily target.

If you've read some of my earlier posts, you'll know that I've been dabbling with the under/over 2.5 goals market. I picked out 5 games to trade on. As you can see by the betfair P&L screenshot below, I made a profit from 4 of them.


I only lost in the Valencia v Sevilla after a 7th minute goal. I placed my £10 back bet and staggered my £2 lay bets at 2 tick intervals. Only 1 of them got matched before the goal went in. After the market unsuspended and settled down, I equalised my loss to around £2.50. I then scalped the market, taking a couple of ticks here and there. The market fell more rapidly than I thought and soon my liability was down to 73p. I didn't try to scalp it any more because I was 90p up in the Espanyol v Barcalona match, which kicked off an hour later.

After yesterdays events, I didn't want to go for "one more trade" and lose it all so I shut down my bet trader software, turned off the laptop and watched TV for an hour or so.

In total, I made £1.41 profit, an increase of 3.93%.

My 3% target for tomorrow is £1.12.

No comments: