Friday 16 January 2009

VERY lucky today!

I can't believe how lucky I was today. My target was 93p. 'Easy!' I thought, but things didn't go as planned. After winning and losing on the horses, I was £3.05 down.

I thought I'd have a try on the dogs. The prices were VERY erratic and when the price goes against you, it really can go against you. I ended up losing another £3.95 on them.

So I'm 7 quid down and the snooker starts - Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ali Carter. I managed to back and lay O'Sullivan and guarantee myself 20p no matter who won. I would have put a few more trades in but then the football started - Torquay v Wrexham.

I opened the over/under 2.5 goals market on my BetTrader software. I did everything right at first, bet high and lay low, bet high and lay low etc. After building up a profit of about £2 the inevitable happened - bet high, GOAL! Odds shoot up.

I took the loss and hedged it to create an equal loss on both teams. I started again. Bet high, lay low, bet high,.....you can guess what happened next - another goal.

After a couple more trades which reduced my loss, I did a very rash and stupid thing. I bet £20 @ 1.88 and left it. My liability was £23.24 if another goal was scored.

This would have wiped out all but 83p of my bank! It was literally all or nothing. To cover a last minute goal I also put a lay bet in for £23.24 @ 1.10.

Then I turned off the TV, went upstairs and did some ironing.

I came back downstairs and to my relief, the game ended 1-1. Phew!!!

Looking back at my betfair P&L report, I found out I placed my last £20 back bet at 20:32 and my £23.24 lay bet was placed at 21:08 and matched at 21:37 - probably in the dying seconds of the game.

This meant my entire bank was at risk for over an hour. This was gambling NOT trading.

I ended up being in profit by £4.65. This is an increase of 14.96%.

Below is my betfair P&L. I've also circled my last back and lay bets, just to show how lucky I was. There is another page with the rest of my lay bets on but I only captured the first one.


I'm back at work tomorrow but if I trade, my next target will be £1.07.

No comments: