Saturday 24 January 2009

Rollercoaster

What a day! I started off trading a couple of horse races but only made 18p. Then the football came on. I traded the Aberdeen v Rangers game and within minutes I'd locked in a profit of £1.61.

This was over my £1.21 target for the day, so I was happy. Trading over for the day.

For some reason, I decided to trade the Man United v Spurs FA cup game. I put in quite a large back bet of £30, and put 3 £10 lay bets in at 2 tick intervals. Spurs scored an early goal before any got matched. The market shot up but I didn't panic. I used the last £10 in my account to back again at the higher price, hoping to scalp and reduce my loss. I managed to get it down to around £2 when United scored an equaliser. After the market settled, I backed again, hoping for a few quick ticks. As soon as my £10 back bet was matched, I put in a £10 lay bet 2 ticks lower. It never got matched. United scored a second - market closed!

I wanted to reduce my £11 loss so I looked at the under/over 3.5 and 4.5 goals markets. A few decent trades in these won me back £10.30. I was still up for the day from my earlier wins so I should have left it for another day.

Of course I didn't leave it. The game between Feyenoord v Willem II was starting soon. I soon made about £1.20 in the under 2.5 goals market. Easy!

I then had the brilliant idea of trading on the over 4.5 goals market. It was the second half and Willem II were 1-0 up. I wanted to lay over 4.5 goals but instead I backed it for £10 @ 17.5 ! I tried to lay it back at the same price but I had no chance. The odds were shooting up and I could only lay @ 55. A loss of £6.75. What an Idiot!

I jumped straight back on the under 2.5 goals market and managed to win £6.47 on that. I even backed £30 @ 1.03 with minutes to go to win another 90p. I just hoped that 2 goals weren't scored - not impossible but unlikely.

So after a rollercoaster ride I ended up winning the grand total of £0.00! Yes, a big fat zero!



I'm looking on the bright side, at least I didn't lose and my bank was protected. I also took some risks today but ended up unscathed.

My next 3% target is still £1.21.



1 comment:

Scott said...

Greed and the gambling gods will always find a way to bite you on the arse if you let your guard down! Mark it down tio experience and be thankful you still chopped out for the day :)