Friday 30 January 2009

Owzat!

Today I thought I'd try trading on the cricket. Australia were playing South Africa and at one point, were odds on favourites. When I looked at the odds, they had drifted considerably. I watched the odds fluctuate and decided to back Australia for £5 at quite high odds of 15.0 and managed to lay them off at 10.5 . I also layed South Africa for £10 @ 1.07 and then backed them at 1.08.

This added £2.07 to my betfair account. The screenshot below is from my Australian wallet.


South Africa won. Glad I greened up.

This evening, I watched the Hamburg v Bayern Munich game and traded the over/under 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5 markets. I used stakes of £20, £30 and £50. As I was using large stakes, I stayed in the markets for as little time as possible. There was a heart-stopping moment, when seconds after getting a £50 bet matched, one of the strikers hit the post.

Brian Clough once said "It only takes a second to score a goal", unfortunately on betfair it takes at least 5 seconds to place a bet whilst "in play". Nail biting stuff!

There was only 1 goal in the game and I ended up winning £4.42 on the football (Hmm 4-4-2!). Together with a 9p win on the dogs, this brought my total to £4.51.

This screenshot is from my main betfair wallet.


So in total, I added a grand total of £6.58 to my betfair account. This was an increase of 12.59%.

This has boosted my total to £58.83. My next 3% target is £1.76.

No comments: