Monday 19 January 2009

Derby Day

Tonight was the Merseyside derby. This game provided an excellent market for trading - I could watch it live on TV and there was plenty of liquidity in the markets. I've been playing with the under/over 2.5 goals markets lately, so I decided to trade that. My strategy is to back the unders, lay it off and hedge for a small profit.

I backed unders for £10 @ 1.74 just before kick off as the prices went up slightly. After kick off they carried on up to 1.78 before settling down.

Instead of putting just one £10 lay bet in, I decided to split it into 5 seperate bets. I layed five £2 bets @ 1.71, 1.68, 1.65, 1.62 and 1.60. I then greened up for a profit of 57p, which was around half of my daily target.

I'm going to experiment with staggering my lay bets.

After a few more £5 backs and lays, a £2 back and lay and hedging the profit, I was all green for a guaranteed profit of £1.14 after comission.

This was a little over my 3% daily target of £1.10.

Here is my betfair P&L for tonight (Monday 19th Jan)



The game ended up 1 all. Tomorrows target is £1.14. I'm giving blood too!
Do something amazing.

No comments: