Friday 9 January 2009

Right on target!

After a long day at work, I wasn't really in the mood for trading tonight. I switched on the TV and started watching the darts. Of course, I soon got the laptop out and logged on to see if I could trade this match and make my 3% target for the day. I quite easily made £1.09 on the Walton v Hankey match. That was more than my 3% but then I looked elsewhere once that match had finished.

The Reading v Watford game was soon starting. I opened up the over/under 2.5 goals market and put in my trade. After getting a 1 tick profit and securing myself a whopping 5p profit, I remembered the events from 3 days ago when lost my entire bank. Realising I was tired and liable to make silly mistakes, I congratulated myself on beating my 3% target for the day - I got 4.19% - and logged off. I must be getting wiser! Anyway, here is my betfair P&L.


You will notice I have underlined my profit in green and not red. This is purely psychological. As a trader, I aim to "green up" to guarantee a profit, therefore any profit I show in the future will be underlined in green. If I have a losing day, I will use red.

My betfair bank now stands at £28.34, therefore my 3% target for tomorrow is 85p.

No comments: