Monday 26 January 2009

Quick profit

Like I said in my last post, I decided to trade the Burton Albion v Barrow match tonight. I'd no idea how good either of these teams were but the odds on under 2.5 goals suggested it could be a high scoring match. I wanted to be in and out pretty sharpish.

I placed my back bet for £30 @ 2.32 after kick off. Almost immediately the market moved down by 1 tick. I placed my 6 lay bets for £5, 2 ticks apart starting at 2.24. I hung on for 5 minutes then within 20 seconds I got 2 of my lay bets matched. The hedged amount figure on my BetTraderPro software showed a potential profit of £1.55. This was more than my 3% target so I cancelled my unmatched lay bets and hit the hedge button which layed me £21.55 @ 2.20 for a guaranteed profit of £1.55 before comission.

All within 7 minutes!

In the second half, Burton scored the first goal. After the market re-opened after suspension, I put in another back bet for £10 @ 1.76. Once this got matched, I put my £10 lay bet in @ 1.72. This got matched almost immediately. I was all green for £1.95 unders and £1.55 overs. I could have hedged immediately but hung on for about 4 minutes. By this time, the market had moved down even further to 1.56, so I hedged to equalise the profit at £1.80 (£1.71 net)

This was an increase of 4.09%


I picked the right time to equalise my profit, as Burton scored another goal minutes later. The game ended 2-1 to Burton.

The goals never came until the second half and I could have hung on for a lot bigger profit, but on the other hand an early goal would have hit hard.

My bank now stands at £43.46, so my target for tomorrow is £1.30.

1 comment:

Scottish Exile said...

Hi Chris,

As a fellow low stakes trader I've enjoyed the blog just started trading football made a fiver on the Burton Barrow game tonight I had greened up at half time with £8.42 on under and £5.25 over. so was a bit disappointed with 3 quick goals.

Good luck with your trading

Scottish Exile
http://scottishexile.blogspot.com/