Tuesday 6 January 2009

Gutted!

The title says it all. All I had to do today was win £3.25 to increase my bank by 3%. Instead I LOST £107.75 !!! That leaves a grand total of 68p in my Betfair account. Gutted.

Yesterday I had a bit of success on the over/under 2.5 goals market. I gave it another try today. In the first match I backed under for £50. I only wanted a few ticks profit. The match went into play, I nipped upstairs for 2 minutes, came down, goal after 3 minutes!!! I layed off half of my liability and scalped till I was all red for £16. Banged in another back bet and BANG!!! 1-1 seconds later. Ended up losing £26. Not a disaster. If I can make £5.20 from the next 5 matches I'll be back to scratch.

In the second match I was all green for around £7.20. Things were going well. I tried 1 trade too many. 2 goals in the space of 4 minutes had me panicing. I tried to get things back in order but ended up losing £35 on that game, which incidentally ended up 1-1. Should have left it as it was!

In the third game, slightly peeved, I was all green for £2.60. I backed unders again, and you've guessed it - market suspended - 1-0 after 14 minutes. After the market settled down, I backed unders again at the higher odds, increasing my average odds when 2 minutes later - 1-1!!! In disgust, I backed my last £9 on unders at 15.0 and turned off the laptop. After I had calmed down, I went back online to check what the score was - market CLOSED! 2-1 after 26 minutes.

Bye Bye £107. Below, unfortunately, is my P&L, or should I say L!


This is NOT the end of my blog. Today I learned a valuable and expensive lesson. I will be back, maybe tomorrow, next week, even tonight! It's 18:20 and I'm hungry. Time for some tea.

See you soon.

No comments: